Sunday, January 15, 2012

Guangzhou: Day 3


This third morning in Guangzhou I met up with my good friend Niki.   We enjoyed some afternoon tea eating delicious dimsum, thanks Niki!!

Here we have Wontons and a piece of vegetable.
This simple bowl of congee consists of assorted seafood meats.  Topped off with some peanuts.

This delicious bun is filled with creamy sesame paste. Light fluffy and delicious.

These are very sticky and filled with redbean paste, again very delicious.

These are siu long bao, these dumplings are are filled with soup and meat, so one must be very careful when picking these up.

Spareribs, Im not going to lie about these, but I have eaten better.

These were also very standard chicken feet, which i had better elsewhere.


Afterwards we met up with some more friends and decided to go to this big academy, to look around.  If you ask me of the location, I have already forgot, but I can share with you these photos.


Here is me and my bro Ken just outside of the building.


Here is Me and Ken again with another friend Cathy.


We then walked to Lizhiwan River, to view the beautiful scenery, as you can see from the next photos.





From Left to Right: Sophie, Me, Cathy, and Ken.

I wish I was able to ride on one of these boats. Maybe in the future, when I return.


After walking for a bit, we got hungry and decided to eat some congee and Singapore style rice noodles.



It was getting dark so we decided to head to another street similar to the previous days Beijing road, called shangxiajiu road
(上下九路)

 Hey its Sophie!

 I should have bought some Pepsi shoes. Maybe next time.


Always have to finish the night with some delicious desserts. So here we go. 

Egg puffs. 


These are glutinous rice balls with sesame paste filling. (tangyuan)湯圓

That's it for Day 3, had so much fun and good food with friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment