Monday, January 16, 2012

Return to HK

Well, I had so much fun in the mainland, but it was time to return to HK for one more week.  I got back and took one day off to relax, then the next day continued my adventures.  First stop is Tai O fishing village, where we pre-ordered a well known chicken meal.


Tai O village is probably the most peaceful town I visited so far in HK.  Its right next to the sea, and the air is fresh. As, you can see from the next photos, there are many fishing boats and the very well known stilt houses.  In, the past there used to be alot more, but many are gone due to a fire long ago.










This is by far the smallest cannon i seen, I don't think its even a cannon.


This is it! the restaurant we were looking for.  We have a chicken reserved for us.

Here we go, the famous Salt Baked Chicken of Tai O.  The flavor is just perfect, moist meat, crispy skin, and salty but not overpowering the flavor of the chicken. One of the best chickens I ate in my life.

Next up we have a fried taro cake roll.  It consists of a flaky roll filled with taro paste, accompanied by a sweet dipping sauce.

Lastly, we have a sweet spareribs dish, this one is standard to my taste.

You cannot see but there was a meaner looking bull animal thing, quite close, so i was scared to take a photo with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment